10,000 Words in One Month

The past few weeks have been a blur of constant activity.  Between work, the play, and moving into a new apartment, I feel like I haven't stopped running in a month of Sundays.  I'm still going...we're trying to have a garage sale this weekend.  Hopefully we'll get a breather once this weekend has past.

Sam has really been pushing me (in an encouraging way) to get started on my novel.  Last night he threw the gauntlet and told me I had to stop making excuses and write.  Today I checked my email and there was a message from ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) inviting me to join an online group committed to writing at least 10,000 words during the month of July.  It seemed fortuitous.  One might even say Providential.  So I signed up this morning.  My goal is to write 10k words (approx. 40 pages) of a novel by the end of July.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I have that out of my system.  I would solicit your prayers for me as I begin this process.  It is a somewhat daunting goal, but I feel it is a great way to jump start my writing.  And who knows, it may become habit-forming.

I'll end with a shout out to the US Soccer team who won their group and are headed to the next round of the World Cup!

Comments

Daisha said…
I can't wait to read what you write!!!!
Lisa Jane said…
No matter what, just write something every day. It doesn't even have to be something towards your story; it can be the same phrase over and over again...just get yourself into the habit of having some written word at the end of your day. I write prayers when I have nothing else to say :) That's productive all the way around :-D

Popular Posts