Words, Celebration, and Nesting

As you can see by my word meter to the right, I haven't gotten very far in my writing goal for the month.  Would it help if I told you I didn't start writing until yesterday?  It makes me feel better.  I guess you could say the Lord had to kick down a wall for me before I could start writing.  I wrote for nearly 45 minutes last night just before bed; when my eyelids began feeling heavy, I closed my journal and put my pen down.  I have taken the first step at writing my novel.  I'm scared and excited at the same time.

In other news:  This past Monday was our first anniversary.  In some ways it is hard to believe it has been a year, and in others I look at everything that has happened in the past year and wonder how it can only be a year.  Sam and I celebrated by having a lazy day where we had no responsibilities, no boxes to unpack, no clothes to wash, no dishes to clean.  Sam had his first (and as he claims, last) experience as a movie-goer in Searcy.  We went to see Eclipse in the afternoon, though I think Sam was more worried about the ceiling falling in on us than the vampires.

The apartment unpacking/setting up is coming along.  I would say we are at 90%, which for me is really good.  Sam, on the other hand, is the "nester" of the two of us.  He is ready for everything to be in its place and all the boxes put away.  We bought a new-to-us bookcase yesterday from one of the Bible faculty.  This thing is ginormous!  It's at least 7 ft. tall and 4.5 ft. wide.  Seven shelves, each 1.5 inches thick.  It's massive.  And it's just what the doctor ordered for all those books needing a place to rest.

Comments

Kelli said…
happy anniversary!!!! has it really been a year? it was great being a part of it... i miss you so much!

Popular Posts