I Heart You(r iPhone)

So this past weekend I'm in a stall in the JCPenney's bathroom when I hear the door open and I hear an older woman/teenage girl pair come in.  They enter the stalls on either side of me and proceed with their conversation.
Older Woman: That's great!  It really sounds like he loves you.

Teenager: I mean, yeah. He definitely loves me. Like the other day he actually let me hold his iPhone for him.

Older Woman: That's great! That's how you do it.  Boys are funny like that. You just have to show them they can trust you and give them a little affection and then it's awesome.
And I thought to myself that while there were some kernels of truth to the older woman's words, is that the wisdom I would want to give to a teenage girl today?  A girl who obviously thinks love means being allowed to hold someone else's iPhone?  I realize that views on romantic love are always skewed during the melodramatic teen years, but isn't this a chance to discuss that love is more than sharing personal electronic devices?  Maybe I'm crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts