Over 11,000 Words and Counting!!!
I am riding a writing high right now. This feels like how I imagine it feels to be on speed. I have a very strong imagination.
Last night I went to Midnight Oil. I got there early (around 6:30) and claimed a table in a corner. (From the table in the corner, they could see a world reborn...) Sitting down with my laptop and a cup of steaming tea, I proceeded to type. And type. And type. For two hours I typed as if fleeing from the demons chasing me. Or fleeing from the college girl at the next table, who supposedly was tutoring a high school girl, though the college girl seemed to spend more time answering her cell phone or squealing and hugging long, lost friends who happened to be in Midnight Oil too. Oh, and let's not forget her boyfriend who came in and sat next to them and watched the 'tutoring' session.
But I digress. I pounded away at my laptop keyboard, my fingers flying so furiously that smoke began to rise and swirl about my head. I only stopped when my laptop battery said, "No more! I can go no further unless you plug me in!" As there were no plugs in the wall next to my table, I decided it was a propitious time to stop. I glanced at my word count total...and my jaw slammed unceremoniously onto the floor, disrupting the 'tutoring' session yet again. (Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but work with me, people.) After picking my now bruised jaw off the wood floors, I looked once again at my word count: 11,043. I had written 2,000 words in two hours. And I felt great! I want to do it again. Right now! (And here is where I lose half of my readers, as no one wishes to read a 2,000-word blog entry.)
Anyway...I simply wanted to share my excitement with you, my faithful two readers. You know who you are, even if I don't. The stats only show the number of visits, not who is visiting. So to the dedicated ones who read this blog, I salute you and bid you adieu!
Last night I went to Midnight Oil. I got there early (around 6:30) and claimed a table in a corner. (From the table in the corner, they could see a world reborn...) Sitting down with my laptop and a cup of steaming tea, I proceeded to type. And type. And type. For two hours I typed as if fleeing from the demons chasing me. Or fleeing from the college girl at the next table, who supposedly was tutoring a high school girl, though the college girl seemed to spend more time answering her cell phone or squealing and hugging long, lost friends who happened to be in Midnight Oil too. Oh, and let's not forget her boyfriend who came in and sat next to them and watched the 'tutoring' session.
But I digress. I pounded away at my laptop keyboard, my fingers flying so furiously that smoke began to rise and swirl about my head. I only stopped when my laptop battery said, "No more! I can go no further unless you plug me in!" As there were no plugs in the wall next to my table, I decided it was a propitious time to stop. I glanced at my word count total...and my jaw slammed unceremoniously onto the floor, disrupting the 'tutoring' session yet again. (Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but work with me, people.) After picking my now bruised jaw off the wood floors, I looked once again at my word count: 11,043. I had written 2,000 words in two hours. And I felt great! I want to do it again. Right now! (And here is where I lose half of my readers, as no one wishes to read a 2,000-word blog entry.)
Anyway...I simply wanted to share my excitement with you, my faithful two readers. You know who you are, even if I don't. The stats only show the number of visits, not who is visiting. So to the dedicated ones who read this blog, I salute you and bid you adieu!
Comments
Jean, thank you for your encouraging words. They mean a lot to me. I just hope that you get your story written. I love your idea, and I hope to be able to read it one day!
I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to read!
Just think how many words you'd be able to write on Dr. Pepper and chocolate!