So I Didn't Write a Novel...Yet

For some reason people seem to find it amusing that I did not make the 50k word count for National Novel Writing Month. Maybe it's simply because they have not tried writing a novel in a month. If you haven't tried it, I am sure it seems quite a ridiculous (and unobtainable) goal. It is definitely a challenge...one that I did not make. This year.

I am, however, proud of what I did do for NaNoWriMo this year. My total word count came to 21,450. I have almost half a novel written. And I know that if I had made a more concerted effort, I could have easily had twice that word count. The experience has shown me that if I focus and set aside time, that I can do this. I can write a novel. Of course it would be much easier if I could quit my job and write full time, but I believe this is what is referred to as 'starting at the bottom' or 'paying your dues'. So suck it up I will.

Having written these 21,450 words has inspired me to keep working on this 'novel' until it is finished. I want to know exactly how the story plays out. And I have been told in no uncertain terms by several people that they want to read it, too. And they want signed copies when it's published. My answer: if you buy a copy, I will sign it for you. :)

So keep asking me how the writing is coming. Hold my feet to the fire, so to speak. I do not want to lose the momentum I have started this past month.

Comments

Daisha said…
I like the new look of your blog.

I'm excited for you!

word verification: flant

(I think this should be our new word for passing gas. It's an onomatopoeia!)
Hannah said…
Flant. I like it. Pist fump!

(word verification: masta)

Popular Posts