To White or Not to White
I have always prided myself in being very self-aware. I know who I am; I know my limits. I rarely buy chocolate for myself because I have no self-control. I don't carry cash because I will spend it. The Kindle Fire remains in the off position after 10:00 PM because I must check Words with Friends one more time.
And I don't buy white pants, shorts, or skirts because I will soil them in some form or fashion. I'm notorious among my friends and family for my ability to spill food and drink in the space between the fork or glass and my mouth. If there is a mud puddle to splash, I'm there before I even know the puddle exists. If there is one booth at the restaurant that had a three-year-old wipe BBQ sauce all over the brown bench seat, I will slide my bum right across the hand prints.
Which is why I now have a long white gypsy skirt hanging in my closet. (If you're having trouble following the logic, don't worry...you're not the only one.) My only reply: It is just so darn comfy! And alas, it only came in the one color that is really a conglomeration of all colors or something to that effect. It really is comfy...and pretty...and have I mentioned that it's really comfy?
The moral of the story? Feel free to make up your own, 'cause I got nothin'.
And I don't buy white pants, shorts, or skirts because I will soil them in some form or fashion. I'm notorious among my friends and family for my ability to spill food and drink in the space between the fork or glass and my mouth. If there is a mud puddle to splash, I'm there before I even know the puddle exists. If there is one booth at the restaurant that had a three-year-old wipe BBQ sauce all over the brown bench seat, I will slide my bum right across the hand prints.
Which is why I now have a long white gypsy skirt hanging in my closet. (If you're having trouble following the logic, don't worry...you're not the only one.) My only reply: It is just so darn comfy! And alas, it only came in the one color that is really a conglomeration of all colors or something to that effect. It really is comfy...and pretty...and have I mentioned that it's really comfy?
The moral of the story? Feel free to make up your own, 'cause I got nothin'.
Comments