"Dislike" the Java Jive
I can appreciate your love of a drink that smells so incredibly delightful. That robust aroma of deep, dark, one with the earth-ness is hard to resist. Yet resist I do. And this is where you, the coffee lover, and I must part ways.
For my resistance is born not of ignorance but of experience.
I have had coffee black. I've had it with cream. With sugar. With cream and sugar. Powdered creamer. Flavored creamer. Flavored coffee. Mocha. Light roast. Dark roast. Medium roast. Medium roast, extra bold. (Whatever that means.) Hot. Cold. Frozen. Folgers. Starbucks. Gevalia.
So it comes to this: while my olfactory nerves revel in the aroma of coffee, my taste buds rise up in revolt against it. They will not suffer the smallest amount of coffee or coffee-flavored anything to touch them.
I beg you, my dear coffee-loving friends, do not force the issue. I love that you love coffee, but do not force your bilge water on me. I do not want it.
If I change my mind, you'll be the first to know.
With my most sincere best wishes,
Hannah
A Confirmed Tea Drinker

Comments
As for my allergist, I go to Dr. Badhwar at Searcy Medical (in the Family Practice section). He sees patients on Thursday (the test is pretty terrible), and then you can get shots anytime during the week. I'd do it all over again if I had to. I'm allergic to anything that grows outside and usually get sick from fall to winter and then winter to spring, and I haven't this year.
After the test, get yourself a Cadbury Egg as a reward. You'll have earned it.
Still, deep down in my heart, I will always and forever be a tea drinker.
Thank you for the smile! I needed that today--more than I needed a cup of coffee.
What does beat it? Wrapping my hands around a hot mug of French Roast.
Like you, Hannah, I love the aroma of coffee brewing in the kitchen. For me, however, it's quite frustrating if I don't get to pour a cup pretty quickly.