First Blood Drawn

It's been a little over a week since I received the 26 Books in 2015 challenge, and I've already fulfilled (or am in the process of fulfilling) several of the books. Take a look...

#3 A book you pick solely because of the cover
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Call me a cheater or an overachiever, but for this challenge I have 3 books. (3 for #3...see what I did there?) I couldn't resist these covers. I simply had to know who these young women were. And then I saw the title of the trilogy: His Fair Assassin. Oh yeah...hook, line, and sinker. I have read the first two and recommend them for anyone who enjoys a weave of history and fantasy...and kicking bad guy butt!

 See on Amazon

#6 A book by an author you've never read before
Lord of the Fading Lands by C. L. Wilson

My good friend Ashley recently pointed me in the direction of C. L. Wilson. In particular her Tairen Soul series. Ashley has never steered me wrong when it comes to authors and books. (My life would be incredibly different had she and her husband not introduced me to the joys of Mercedes Lackey.) Lord of the Fading Lands drew me into a world of magic, shape shifters, political intrigue, and soul mates.

 See it on Amazon

#14 A book set in the summer
Steadfast by Mercedes Lackey

England is experiencing an unusually hot summer. Even the seaside town Brighton can't fully escape the heat. If you happen to be a Fire Mage, however, you can take that heat inside you and become energized. And if all of this is in a book by Mercedes Lackey, you know there will be magic and danger and love all rolled into a thoroughly enjoyable read. Steadfast is part of her Elemental Masters series. A young acrobat/dancer escapes from her wife-beating, circus strongman and flees to Brighton where elemental beings lead her to a dance hall theatre where she will not only find a job and friends, but she will learn that she has magic all her own.

 See it on Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts