Life After The Fact

Welcome to the new location!  I felt a change of scene was in order.  New year.  New look.  New life.

So what have Sam and I been up to since October?  What haven't we been up to?  Sam finished his first semester back in school with a 4.0 GPA.  We went down to Louisiana to celebrate Christmas with his grandmother, parents, and brother.  January brought a new semester with both of us taking classes.  Sam continued his leveling work, and I took a Writing Fiction course.  I came in second in a creative writing contest on campus with one of the short stories I wrote for the class.  I'm also starting a novel this summer.

This summer brings a lot of new changes.  Sam is, of course, taking more courses, this time at the graduate level.  We're moving into a two-level townhouse on campus, which Sam is very excited about as cable is included in the rent.  World Cup soccer, here we come!  I got a part in a play with the local amateur dinner theatre.  And we're going to Tahiti for vacation.  Or not.  But wouldn't it be nice?

This past Monday the university sent out an email offering a women's aerobics class once a week during the summer for faculty and staff.  For a mere $45 I get 15 weeks of hour-long group activity exercise set to the music of the '70s (perhaps some '60s in there, too).  Yesterday was the first day, and I must be honest, the workout nearly kicked me in the rear.  At one point I had to stop the moves and just march in place.  I simply couldn't take any more; my heart was pounding, sweat poured from my every pore, and breathing at all was a challenge.  Goes to show:  when you haven't worked out in nearly a year, you get soft.  There were at least 10 other women in the class.  Some I know, some I recognize, and some are complete strangers, but there was a sense of camaraderie that bound us together, if only for those 60 minutes.  I'm looking forward to the summer.

So thanks for waiting (patiently or not) for the long overdue update of what's happening in my life.  I promise to not keep you waiting 6 1/2 months for the next installment.  My goal is to get myself back in the groove of writing on a regular basis.  Don't hold your breath for daily updates, but I'm planning on posting at least twice a week.  We'll see how it goes.

Comments

Kelli said…
hannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! YAY! i am so glad to get a glimpse of your life... i feared we were losing touch! ;) love you and glad you guys are doing well!
Daisha said…
What part? What play? What are the dates? I wanna come!

And I want to hear all about your novel!!!

When's the move?

Ok, that's all for now. ;)
Odgie said…
Welcome back. Give Sam my best.
Hannah said…
Kelli: I've been meaning to say for a while that I thought our relationship was in trouble. ;)

Daisha: I'm Mrs. Fisher the Neo-Nazi nanny in Squabbles. Dates are June 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19. Move dates: June 11 & 12. Should be a fun-filled weekend. Come on down!

Mike: I'll pass that along. Our best to you and Christine.

Popular Posts